Dane and I, two chemical engineering students at UF, were sent to South Korea for two months.
Google
 
Web oseasinkorea.blogspot.com

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Samsung...





Yesterday was a day full of culturally filled events, however, I took most of the pictures with my digital, Samsung camcorder, and I am unable to upload the pictures into my computer; I am working on it, though...

The pictures that I have been able to upload thus far are from the first of four stops of Daegu's Number #2 City Tour route. This stop was to the Twelve Distinguished Hyeonpung Gwaks' Shrine, a small shrine protecting twelve certified steles of honor (or Jeongryeo) dedicated to the Gwak Clan. A Jeongryeo was a poilicy of he Joseon Dynasty to honor such good deeds as loyalty, filialr respect and the like. The fact that one family alone could've gathered twelve of these steles is a fact that made the King Yeongjo's reign built the aforementioned shrine in their honor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home