Dane and I, two chemical engineering students at UF, were sent to South Korea for two months.
Google
 
Web oseasinkorea.blogspot.com

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Meet the Crew

I thought it was about time I introduced the guys that I am with most of the time; you know, those that I sit around and vegetate in front of a screen with, and in the process of doing so, get paid a descent amount of money. Also, you must know that until now (and because of this post) am I able to actually name (some) of these people. Yes, I agree, it's sad that I've been here with them for over five weeks and, until this day, I actually bother to learn their names, but later is better than never. So without further ado, here they go...

Meet Jeff (Korean name unknown); he's small, thin, but very nice. He's English is the best in the lab, and from time to time, I like to tease him with my camera (he despises to have pictures taken of him). But that didn't help his situation, as while he was escaping from my lenses, I managed to get the work of art displayed below; contemplate....

It is time for Junho, the darkest Korean known by me; he's got those dark rim, retro-looking glasses that give him a weak aura of punk-wannabe, but he's still my homie. He can be an ass sometimes, but most of the time he just sits there, a mere decoration of this lab; if it wasn't for the fact that he joins us to eat, I would probably be unaware of his existence; he also likes rock (an intuitively obvious characteristic, derived from the following pose):

Gui-gin (or so I think) is my personal favorite of the gang; he knows no english, so I speak to him via my own, impromptu sign language. He doesn't talk much (just signals a lot), but he is nice as he always gets me coffee, chocolate, or anything that may be good after lunch such as ice cream and the like. He wares this classy lenses of color pink, which fit well with his extremely white (to the point of anglosaxon-niss) skin. See for yourself.

Thus far, these are all the names I've been able to learn. As most of them have left already, I will go ahead and ask them tomorrow, and post their information as soon as it is known by me. For now, enjoy some of the scenes of our never-ending, arduous laboring at the lab:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home